- Occurrence malpractice coverage (offered under the Federal Tort Claims Act)
- Administratively manage and develop all clinicians and team leads, ensuring effective
orientation of new staff members which includes guidance, oversight, and feedback to new
clinicians, as may be required. Conduct evaluations of the clinical staff.
- Work with the Recruitment Department to maintain appropriate staffing in the Internal
Medicine and Specialty Department and conduct initial interviews for all clinical staff.
- Functions as the liaison between members of the department's staff and executive
management. Develop and implement a schedule for providers, ensuring adequate
coverage within the department, especially during times of peak volume and/or paid-time
off. Additionally, maintain an effective on-call schedule.
- Ensure that all the activities within the Internal Medicine Department meet or exceed requirements for quality health care and safety as well as federal, state, and local regulatory compliance policies.