Hours: Must have the ability to work a flexible work schedule (e.g. 24-hour shifts, weekend, holiday, on call availability)
Call Schedule: Yes | Rotated Coverage Among All Providers | 24/7 In-House Coverage for All Neonatal Intensive Care Units as well as Coverage for High Risk Deliveries)
- Fantastic earning potential
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
Benefits: To be discussed directly with the employer
- Areas of responsibility include primary medical management, emergency stabilization of critically ill neonates and infants, emergency transport of the neonatal patient, preceptorship of NNP students, teaching of NICU residents, staff development and education, parental education, and discharge planning.
- Knowledge procedures specific to the role: chest tube placement, endotracheal intubation, lumbar puncture, needle thoracotomy, percutaneous central line placement, peripheral artery puncture and cannulation, removal of thoracotomy tube, suprapubic bladder aspiration, umbilical artery catheterization, umbilical vein catheterization, and ventricular catheter reservoir aspiration.
- MSN (except for those employed prior to 2003 with NNP certificate)
- 2 years of Neonatal or related nursing experience
- Neonatal NP Certification
- BLS, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), and S.T.A.B.L.E. certification
- Eligibility for limited prescriptive authority in LA