• Our Mission serves the entire community. Kaniksu improves the quality of our patients' lives who would otherwise have limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
• Kaniksu welcomes all employees and patients without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, or disability.
• Kaniksu is committed to providing a Medical Home to patients, where medical, dental and behavioral health services are integrated and care managers and clinical pharmacists work together and coordinate efforts in a team-based system of care.
• Kaniksu promotes prevention and early intervention in all programs.
• Kaniksu providers are able to practice at their full scope of licensure and training.
• Kaniksu offers a competitive benefits package, including generous vacation and sick time, along with health insurance and retirement savings options.
Kaniksu is recognized as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Our supportive and collaborative medical team offer a comprehensive list of services with a focus on preventative care and an integrated approach to our medical, dental and behavioral health model creating an effective patient-centered medical home.
Our medical providers conduct patient exams, diagnosis, treatment, education, and preventative screenings according to the age-specific needs of each patient in accordance with evidence-based guidelines and the principles of growth and development for infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric life cycles. Medical providers approach tasks in a culturally appropriate, team-based environment that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change.
Our dental team offers comprehensive care for Idaho Smiles (Medicaid) patients. This includes pregnant women, children 19 years of age and under, and special needs adults. Emergency services are available for residents of Boundary and Bonner Counties.
They also support the diagnosis and treatment of patients, focusing on preventive dentistry, pedodontics, periodontics, removable prosthodontics, endodontics, fixed prosthodontics, oral surgery, and orthodontics. Services follow age-specific needs of all patients in accordance with the principles of growth and development for infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric life cycles. Preventive dental services including counseling, sealants, fluoride treatments, prophylaxis, and oral hygiene instruction and review.
We believe that truly meaningful health care addresses all aspects of a person, including behavioral and emotional needs. As a key component of our integrated, patient-centered model our behavioral health team works alongside our medical teams to deliver stratified, integrated, patient-centered, population-based, primary care services utilizing a diversified team of professionals.
Behavioral health services are available at all of our clinics and our behavioral health providers help identify and treat both mental health concerns and stress reactions.
Nestled amongst majestic mountains you will find beautiful Sandpoint. Located on magnificent 43-mile-long Lake Pend Oreille, surrounded by the Selkirk and Cabinet mountains, and with Schweitzer Mountain ski resort minutes away, Sandpoint is blessed with outstanding natural attractions in all seasons. But it goes deeper than that. The town itself is exceptional, home to a thriving arts community, the historic Panida Theater, a busy events schedule, a plethora of excellent restaurants, fine lodging, and unusual shopping and abundant recreation. In fact, Sandpoint has been named the “Most Beautiful Town in America” by Rand McNally and USA Today.
The word is getting around through national recognition that this is the best small town in the west to live. People move here from around the world to enjoy this four-season playground with a motto to work hard but play harder. While the recreation abounds, the area also appeals to so many due to the unique richness of history, the arts, events, small-town hospitality, and community spirit.
In the summer months, locals can be found enjoying a variety of outdoor activities including a day at the shores of one of our many lakes, a sail across Lake Pend Oreille, horseback riding in the Cabinet or Selkirk Mountains, and more; while the winter season provides ample snow to alpine ski, snowboard, cross country, or telemark at Schweitzer Ski Resort or in the surrounding backcountry.